Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not such a good day, goals wise.

The day started out with me not having enough almond milk for my protein shake so I substituted a little orange juice.  It tasted fabulous, kind of like a creamsickle.  However, I think the sugar in the orange juice set the downfall of my day.  I have been dragging this week, I think partially because I think I'm coming down with something.  2:30 hit me and the cravings went sky high and of course, the pantry at work was restocked yesterday and the rice krispie treats were screaming at me.  I don't know why I succumb, it doesn't help me wake up.  It doesn't energize me but for some reason my brain thinks it will before I walk into the kitchen. 

The only bright side is I did have my personal trainer tonight so that will help with damage control from earlier in the day.  Even that kicked my ass more than usual.  I was out of breath and almost felt like I was hyper ventilating.  I didn't even do my last set completely, I couldn't do it anymore.  It's got to be because I have felt lousy all week.  I did journal my day and it was less than pretty.  My carbs were out of control at 300...yikes! Despite the day, I still feel good about the week overall.  It's been a lifetime of bad carbs, it's not going to happen overnight and it's not going to happen everyday.  Live and learn and keep moving. 

I have a WII and a friend of mine loaned me her Zumba. I'm going to check it out!  I love Zumba in the gym but right now I would need a body bag after a class.  Of course, I also ordered the Insanity workout.  I'm excited and scared all the same time.  If you haven't checked out the Insanity workout, check out the transformation videos on YouTube...PHENOMENAL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment