Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Revelation...kind of...

Today started out like any other day except with a sore throat.  Let's hope it doesn't fester into something worse.  Today, I remembered my protein powder in my protein shake for breakfast. It's the little accomplishments you have to celebrate! 

The day started out like any other day, then I received an email from someone that I have a history with.  I was crazy in love with this man for three years.  I will call him A.  A had some issues in his life he was dealing with and when he deals he shuts out the world around him, including me.  That was back in June.  He emailed me today to apologize for hurting me and that he does love me.  However, since June things have changed.  I have never stopped loving A but this relationship was toxic.  When he's 'there', he was wonderful but when he's not, he was an ass.  So during the past 7 months his best friend and I have become friends and have gotten fairly close.  I was a little reluctant simply because they were best friends and I had hoped that A would get his head out of his ass.  C (the friend) said everything would be fine and agreed that A didn't treat me well...that he failed me and A did.  Anyway, the purpose of giving some of this history is it was somewhat of an emotional day.  Old wounds were re-opened.  I could have simply gone back to A or still continue down the road with C to see what happens.  I told A that I'm hoping that C is the one to prove to me that all relationships don't end in disappointment.  I realized today that I'm not an emotional eater.  At that very moment when my heart sank, I had no desire to go reach for something from the pantry (my company keeps a fully stocked pantry of crap, literally crap).  What I did realize is I tend to eat those nasty carbs when I'm tired.  I'm not necessarily hungry but I think I'm hungry because I'm so tired.  Now, I don't know if this is one of those lightbulb realizations because I think I have probably known all along that is where my weak point is but I just have never said it 'out loud'.

Last night I was perusing some blogs and the Token Fat Girl mentioned this Insanity workout.  I had never heard of it so I checked it out on YouTube.  Well, I was so intrigued by the results that people have gotten, that I am now going to order my own.  I know that my results will not be the same as it will be harder for me to finish a workout (it's literally insane) but I'm ready.  That reminds me I need to send a message to the Token Fat Girl to find out how it is working for her.   Have to get the skinny on it :).

I was supposed to go to my trainer tonight but I rescheduled because I have a splitting headache and the sore throat so hopefully will feel better on Thursday.

Day:

(B):  1 cup unsweeted almond milk - 40 calories, 3.5 fat, 2 carbs, 1 fiber, 1 protein
(B):  1/2 banana - 50 calories, 0 fat, 13 carbs, 1.5 fiber, .5 protein
(B):  1 scoop vanilla protein powder
(B):  2 cups coffee - 1 vanilla creamer, 3 reg creamers/6 splenda -
(L):  1/2 cup pasta - 88 cal, .5 fat, 37 carbs, 1.5 fiber, 6 protein
(L):  1 cup salad (lettuce, onions, cucumbers), 20 cashews, 2 tbs raspberry vinagrette (cashews) 165 cal, 13 fat, 8 carb, 4 protein, (dressing) 50 cal, 3 fat, 7 carb, 0 protein
(L):  1 can Diet Dr Pepper
(S):  1 low-fat cottage cheese - 81 cal, 1 fat, 3 carb, 0 fiber, 14 protein
(D):  Patty melt - 920 cal, 66 fat, 42 carb, 5 fiber, 45 protein

Daily Total

No comments:

Post a Comment